Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise from Microsoft
Microsoft has released a free 90-day trial version of Windows 8.1 RTM Enterprise edition.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is similar to Windows 8.1 Pro but it comes with a few extra features such as Windows To Go creator, Start Screen control, Direct Access, App locker, etc.
“Windows To Go Creator” helps users in creating a fully functional copy of Windows 8.1 on a bootable USB drive similar to Windows 8 as mentioned here.
“Start Screen Control” helps you in controlling layout of Start Screen. You can also prevent other users from customizing Start Screen look-n-feel using this tool.
“DirectAccess” allows users to access their network resources remotely without having to launch a separate VPN.
“Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)” provides users the ability to play 3D graphics, use USB peripherals and use touch-enabled devices across any type of network (LAN or WAN) for VDI scenarios which was made possible due to enhancements in Microsoft RemoteFX and Windows Server 2012.
“AppLocker” helps you in restricting files and apps from running on PC.
“Windows Enterprise Side-Loading” allows users to side-load apps on domain-joined PCs and tablets running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
“Assigned Access” lets users set any particular app as default shell on a device so other users only use the specified application and cannot access other system files and applications.
System requirements for Windows 8.1 Enterprise are same as of Windows 8.1 which are mentioned here.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- HDD: 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024×768 or greater
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366×768
- To use secure boot feature the firmware should support UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and should have the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is available in both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions. Its available in following languages: English (United States), English (Great Britain), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional).
Interested people can download it using following link:
Please note that no product key is required to install or activate this edition. Also You’ll need to complete the activation before October 31, 2014 to use this trial version. Once the trial period expires, the desktop background will turn black and you’ll see a watermark on desktop indicating that the system is not genuine, and your computer will shut down every hour.